Alongside my therapy practice, for over 12 years I have been developing and facilitating educational groups and training programs. I love dreaming up new collaborations with other changemakers, particularly those who are passionate about systemic transformation and anti-oppression as originating through relational embodied and creative practices.
Please connect if you have the sparks of an idea you would like to share.
Highlights of my experience include:
- Delivering informative and experiential workshops/trainings on identity/intersectionality, accountable allyship, leadership development, active listening, non-violent communication, conflict resolution, bystander intervention, mental health, crisis response, program development, documentation, grounding and resourcing, mindfulness, boundaries and healthy relationships, self-compassion, expressive arts, and more.
- Serving as President with the Board of Directors of the Ontario Expressive Arts Therapy Association, which supports arts-based therapists and facilitators and promotes and maintains the competent and ethical practice of expressive arts therapy in Ontario and Canada.
- Developing a comprehensive community engagement and programming model (including therapeutic expressive arts) within a low barrier emergency homeless shelter, with a focus on strengthening community relationships, reducing isolation, and support overall well-being among shelter residents.
- Developing, organizing, and facilitating three-week long intensive training programs for 40+ staff members within several student affairs/residence life environments.
- Designing and implementing a comprehensive healthy living curriculum delivered to 1400 students in a student affairs/residence life environment.
- Supervising staff teams and providing ongoing mentorship and team development.
- Leading residence life programming development, implementation, and evaluation within several student affairs/residence life environments.
My facilitation experience spans a variety of community environments within higher education and social services.
Some of the organizations I have collaborated with include:
- Humber College
- YWCA Toronto
- North York Women's Shelter
- Ontario Expressive Arts Therapy Association
- Margarets Housing and Community Social Services
- Purple Carrots Drama Studio (Canada)
- DanceAbilities Canada
- Grenoble Public School - Refugee Arts Project
- Access Alliance HEAL (Hubs for Expressive Arts for Life) Project
- Fusion Dance Nights Toronto
- Camp Tamarack (Grande Prairie)
- University of Alberta
- University of Toronto
- Lakehead University